Have your teeth started to look dull or discolored? Do you wish you had a smile that gleams? A beautiful, white smile is within your reach at Highland Dental thanks to our professional in-office teeth whitening treatment.
Professional Teeth Whitening at Highland Dental
What is Teeth Whitening?
Over time, teeth lose their bright whiteness for several reasons:
- It’s just part of the natural aging process
- Habitually drinking coffee, tea, red wine, soda or other dark-colored beverages
- Side effects from certain medications
- Habitual tobacco use
- Tooth decay
- Oral trauma
When teeth become discolored, dull or stained, it can be a real blow to self-esteem, and it can also influence how others perceive you. That is why teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments in the world.
Professional teeth whitening is a process where your dentist applies a specially formulated whitening gel on your teeth for about 45 minutes to lighten the shade of the enamel. For severely stained teeth, the process may need to be repeated. However, most patients see dramatic results after only one treatment.
Why choose professional teeth whitening?
- Teeth stains and discoloration tend to go deeper than just the surface. They go beyond the enamel (the top layer of your tooth) and into the layer below, the dentin. Over-the-counter teeth whitening products are rarely strong enough to penetrate beyond the tooth enamel, but professional teeth whitening products are, which is why the results with professional whitening are so much more reliable.
- Patients who choose professional teeth whitening at Highland Dental see significant results immediately. Over-the-counter whitening products may provide noticeable results over time, or they may not even work at all. With professional teeth whitening, you are guaranteed to see a big difference right away.
- Professional teeth whitening is not just effective — it’s safe. When Dr. Brooks administers teeth whitening treatment in the office, his patient is monitored the entire time. Additionally, the products he uses are specially formulated to be safe. Dr. Brooks is also highly trained in administering the treatment properly to avoid harming your gums, lips, tongue, and teeth. With over-the-counter products, you really don’t know what you’re getting or whether they will work, and there is no one else to monitor the treatment process to make sure your teeth and gums remain healthy.
Pro tip: If you are thinking about getting veneers, you should consider whitening your teeth first. Veneers do not respond to whitening treatment, so whitening your teeth afterwards could be a problem.
If you are interested in making a noticeable improvement in your smile, teeth whitening might just be what you need. Contact Highland Dental today to schedule a consultation with St. Paul’s most experienced cosmetic dentist.